Sunday 4 July 2010

My husband's gaspacho recipe

Have I told you that I am a lucky woman - my husband is fond of cooking. He prepares a lot of delicious meals and treats me well. Gaspacho soup is his summer hit. He spent a month in Andalucia (Spain) in the last year and was taught by local people how to prepare the real andalucian gaspacho!
Ingredients: 8 sweet tomatoes, 1 sweet red peper, 250 grams of bread, 1 onion, 1/2 of a garlic clove, ice, 250 ml of cold water , 1/4 cup of apple vinegar, 1/3 cup of  sunflower-seed oil.
Method: wash all ingredients, cut tomatoes, a peper and an onion in pieces, crush a garlic clove. Put all ingredients into a big pan, add oil, vinegar, some salt and sugar. Add some water. Mix the mixture of vegetables thoroughly by a blender. Serve the soup as you want. Bon appetit!
P.S. My husband's comments: you should be careful with a garlic, don't add more than 1/2 of a clove otherwise you would prepare russian tomato cream known as "hrenovina".

Enjoy my husband's photo of his last gaspacho.

No comments:

Post a Comment